o upload your profile in the Members Directory;
- The credibility of belonging to South Africa's largest, representative, premier coaching and mentoring body;
- The assurance that you, and your fellow members abide by a robust Code of Ethics, which prescribes a strict modus operandi and a code of professional conduct. In addition, COMENSA has a unique Ethical Complaints Procedure ensuring compliance and thereby protection of clients and the reputation of the industry.
- COMENSA’s Member Criteria and Standards of Competence describes in detail the competencies required of members at different levels of practice, which assists both members and prospective clients in matching requirements.
- Benefit of representation through COMENSA when dealing with organisations such as the Health Professionals Council and other government or industry bodies in serving the interests of the Coaching and Mentoring industries;
- Access to the Members-only section on website, which contains the opportunity for you to:
o update your profile in the Members Directory;
o access useful research in the Research Section including library of documents and a research library;
o and access to a forum to discuss issues relating to research and best practise;
- Participation in, and implementation of research studies, and the ability to llearn how to implement research and become a “Scientific Practitioner”, able to demonstrate Return On Investment
- Networking opportunities (national and international) through our members; and participation in the coaching and mentoring community; including membership events in each province with preferential prices at selected events which COMENSA endorses:
- Marketing opportunities, including use of the COMENSA logo on your marketing material; participation in national Expo’s; advertising in the COMENSAnews, publishing articles in the COMENSAnews and on the COMENSA website, speaking at COMENSA events
- Access to COMENSA’s ground-breaking Policy on Supervision, which reflects global best practice and research in the field of Coaching and Mentoring Supervision.
- Access to Supervision and recommended Supervisors – as this is one of the key means of building a portfolio of evidence with respect to Return On Investment, our Supervision Portfolio Committee has been particularly active this year in developing a framework and policy around Supervision and the qualifications necessary for Supervisors.
- Recommended continuing professional development (CPD)
- Opportunities to learn best practice from leaders in the fields of Coaching and Mentoring, plus access to resources, articles and research.
- Access to COMENSA’s Build Your Practice section, which is filled with useful tools to help you do what you do – better and in less time.
- Access to special deals and discounts exclusive to members, negotiated specially on your behalf, for example: TheBottomLineBookClub
- The ability to participate in COMENSA’s various Portfolio Committees & Special Interest Groups in projects that affect and effect the future of the coaching and mentoring industries in South Africa.
o GCC (Global Coaching Community) – COMENSA is endorsing and participating actively in the
May 2011 Rainbow Convention in Cape Town
o EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council)
o WABC (World Association of Business Coaches).
1. Corporate Members
Corporate members have particular needs, and to be considered in 2 different lights:-
a. As buyers of coaching and mentoring services
b. As trainers and developers of in-house coaches and mentors, embracing a culture of coaching
and mentoring as part of a management or leadership framework and dialogue.
- As buyers of coaching and mentoring services, benefits to corporate clients would be:-
a. Access to the member directory and the ability to send out requests for proposal to many service
providers from one central portal.
b. The robust COMENSA Code of Ethics, and Ethics Complaints Procedure has been developed to
help protect corporate clients. It is enforced and the Ethics Complaints Committee does have teeth.
c. A drive for, and increasing insistence on COMENSA members to commit to Supervision is an
additional protection for corporate clients, but particularly because of its benefits in terms of
professionalising the individual’s practice.
d. Through Portfolio Committees and Special Interest Groups, corporate members are perfectly
positioned to affect and effect policy, standards and the levels of professionalization that COMENSA
is striving to achieve.
- As organisations who are training and developing in-house coaching and mentoring capacity, membership gives their in-house coaches and mentors access to the COMENSA Portfolio Committees, events, continuous professional development initiatives, research library, monthly newsletter, article archives, and the opportunity to network with peers “on the outside” to ensure that their offering within the corporate environment remains fresh and up-to-date.
- We are also working with a number of our corporate clients in terms of Best Practice with regard to the implementation of Research within their organisations.